Sunday, November 20, 2011

Celestina - Day Five

Act 18:
Areusa wants to kill Calisto because it is his desires to be with Melibea that causes the deaths of Pármeno, Sempronio, and Celestina. Areusa feel like it would only be right to kill Calisto because if it wasn’t for him then everyone would probably be alive. I don’t think Calisto deserves to die because he didn’t take part in Pármeno, Sempronio, and Celestina’s death, they died over greed and if anything he was caught in their web of lies. When Areusa says "Punish him with a beating, but don't kill him"(176). I don’t think she wants to add to everything that’s already going on. Here she kind of doubts herself a bit. Areusa doesn’t want to do anything harsh to him because it really isn’t Calisto’s fault that Celestina is dead.
Act 19:
I think it’s better he dies in an accident because if he was murder it would have been more suspicion. Then it would have been this continuous cycle of revenge. I don’t think it makes a difference in how he dies. Either way he is gone. I think Melibea’s reaction was expected. She seemed hurt and from her reaction you can tell that she’s going to kill herself. That was the only way she thought she would get over his death.
Act 20:
I wasn’t surprised at Melibea’s death I was excepting it to happen. I did think that her father would stop her, but it wasn’t much he could do because she had her mind already made up. It was like Calisto died so Melibea dies to because it’s like for me that is the only way for the story to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment